Your first step to vibrant health and life energy!

Dear Friend

How can we influence our Energy? How does the lack of energy result in lack of success?

Energy is the key factor to success in every area of our lives. Somebody who feels tired, worn out and has depressing thoughts is more likely to avoid action and be underperforming.

On the other hand, when a person is energetic, highly motivated and thinking positively, their actions are constant and they can perform at the top level.

Depressed, overwhelmed = no action Exited, full of energy = great action

At the end of the day, all the results you produce are dependent on the state you are in and the energy you have.

Factors that influence life energy and the state you are in: Representations/Meaning, Memory, Internal communication, Physiology, Breathing, Nutrition

Tip: To take most out of these factors we recommend that you get yourself a notebook small enough so you can take it with you wherever you go. Use your notebook daily from both sides. On one side you write my successes, on the other side you are writing down inspirations and questions.

As one key to success is what kind of questions we are asking ourselves, we want to inspire you and unleash the hidden potential within you.

Lets start with some of your success stories (Memories): It will be easy for you to remember three events when you performed at your best, felt excited, perhaps happy, or had this great feeling of success.

Imagine yourself clearly and vividly in these situations. You can see the colours around you, is there any sound? What do you say to yourself? Are there people around you? What do they do and say? How would you describe the dominant feeling?

Describe three situations as clearly, as possible using all of your senses including sight, sound, smell, touch and feelings...

Simon Thomson Memory example: I'm going to describe for you a memory of mine that gives me goosebumps every time I recount it. It gives me the kind of "warm fuzzies" that make me want to get up and move no matter what I'm doing! It was in 2003 when I won the first Olympic Selection Trial at the Coff's Harbour Triathlon and booked my seat to Athens.

While there was good prize money on offer that day, every Australian knew that first place was automatic selection and that was the only position that counted:

As I rounded the last corner into the finish chute I had well over a minute's lead and a certain victory when I broke the tape ahead of me. This allowed for the emotions to pour freely as the magnitude of what I had achieved began to hit me.

All the pain I had been managing for the last 2 hours simply melted away from my conscious mind and the grimace broke into an enormous smile. I raised my arms to the roaring crowd that were celebrating this special moment with me.

The noise was loud and constant and only surpassed by the voice of the commentator that verbalised my movements down the final 50 meters. The sun was shining brightly and the oppressive heat had soaked buckets of sweat from my body during the race.

The race bunting and sponsors signage was bright and matched the summer beach clothing of the crowd that were extending their arms towards me over the barrier.

I was now skipping and dancing towards the finish line and slapping high fives the kids as I passed them. Despite the energy I had expended during the race, I now felt light as a feather and as strong and powerful as I've ever felt before.

As I passed under the finish arch I grabbed the tape with both hands and raised it in salute above my head. In one movement I turned to my left to see the crowd that included my best friends from home and with arms raised I let out a primal roar that came from an unknown place within.

The noise was drowned out by the crowd and with three steps towards my friends I was suddenly engulfed in a group hug with 15 people over the fence that threatened to sap the last few gasps of breath within me. As I broke free the tears began to flow and I felt the full force of the emotions erupting from everyone around me. I was feeling on top of the world!

You don't need to win a triathlon to have these feelings. I've felt these emotions doing many different things in my life, so be prepared to celebrate many more such great events in your near future!

Have fun with these memories and open your mind for the little every day successes that happen all the time and write them down in your notebook.